While your Lennox® furnace isn’t able to speak to you, it does have a process to communicate a furnace error.
Its control panel has twin LED lights that can display a fault code. Subject to the fault, your heating system might show continuous or flashing lights.
Although there are some elementary heating repairs you can do without an expert, most services are best left to HVAC technicians. When your heater will not turn on or provide warm air, reach out to H & H Service Company at 717-220-4502 for expert furnace repair in Mechanicsburg.
Our specialists will rapidly discover and handle the problem, even if you don’t use a Lennox heater. We can service whichever brands or models—and get the heat returned to your house fast.
What Does the Flickering Light on My Heater Mean?
Your furnace depends on lights to flash code when it isn’t working right. It also works this setup to let you know it’s heating like it should.
Regular operation includes:
- Concurrent slow flash—heater working correctly.
- Simultaneous fast flash—heater is beginning to call for heat.
If you realize that a single light going on and off slowly and the other flashing rapidly, your heater could have a low flame signal. This can happen even when your furnace is running properly. It means the flame sensing rod could be dirty or in the wrong area on the burner. Call us at 717-220-4502 for help.
Here are several other of the most common errors for Lennox heaters.
Heater Will Not Turn On
Here are some of the light sequences you may see when your heating system won’t turn on or keep heating. Most of these issues need to be repaired by a technician, such as one from H & H Service Company.
- All LED lights are extinguished. This indicates your HVAC system might not have power. Examine the breaker box to make sure the heater fuse has not triggered. Attempt to reset the fuse if it’s in the “off” spot. If it rapidly turns off after a subsequent reset, don’t touch the breaker and contact us at 717-220-4502.
- A single light is unchanging and the other is flickering slowly. This shows the flame rollout switch is possibly not working right. The switch is a critical safety mechanism that helps in preventing fires and carbon monoxide. You shouldn’t seek to fix this malfunction on your own.
- One light is blinking quickly and the other is flashing slowly. This typically indicates power polarity has been reversed. Your heater may have a wiring problem that requires professional assistance from H & H Service Company.
- The pair of lights are flickering slowly. This means your furnace’s blower motor likely isn’t working. This component sends hot air from the heater into your residence. We can aid in determining what’s causing an issue with this component.
- A single light is blinking slowly and the other is blinking rapidly. This means your heater could have insufficient voltage or a short circuit. Call our experts at 717-220-4502 for help.
- One light is flashing on, on, off while the other flickers on, off, on. This signifies there may be a malfunction with your heater’s motherboard or wiring. H & H Service Company can pinpoint the issue and fix it.
- Both lights display every other slow flashes. This means your HVAC system possibly has a flame error. There may be trouble with its gas supply, gas valve or ignitor control. Get in touch with us at 717-220-4502 for help.
- A single light blinks slowly while the other remains steady. This typically signifies your heating system’s limit switch is experiencing an error. The switch stops your HVAC equipment from getting too hot. Call the pros at H & H Service Company for support.
Heating System Blower Works But No Warm Air
Here’s what might be wrong when you observe your heating system’s blower fan running, but you aren’t receiving any heated air.
- Both lights display alternate fast blinks. This means your furnace ignitor could not be in working order. This component ignites gas in your furnace to create warm air and should be fixed by an expert from H & H Service Company.
Turn to Us for Expert Furnace Repair
When you have to have your HVAC equipment fixed fast, turn to the experts at H & H Service Company. Our pros will take care of the error right away and have your space feeling relaxing again in a short time. Contact us at 717-220-4502 or contact us online to get an appointment now.