Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and really relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Mechanicsburg is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While H & H Service Company consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another time to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace it in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Turning on your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can ultimately damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s performance. cut the grass, remove any debris and remove overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call H & H Service Company in Mechanicsburg at 717-220-4502 today.