During the cooler Mechanicsburg months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it occurs, a simple call to H & H Service Company will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call H & H Service Company right away if you notice any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be inspected by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not the right size for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from H & H Service Company can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call H & H Service Company at 717-220-4502 or schedule an appointment with us online.