In Mechanicsburg you rely on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be preparing for furnace repair
visit sooner rather than later. Simply put, you might have a dirty air filter, which can obstruct air flow and impact your furnace’s efficiency. It could even cause issues with your furnace’s limit switch, which controls furnace operation.
There are a lot of other reasons you may call for a furnace repair. We’ve assembled some indicators for you to look for. The earlier you can call for a heat pump service, the better. Call in a professional, like H & H Service Company, if you note any of these symptoms:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it operating all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem feeble? Indications related to your blower could indicate a bit of a problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you hiking up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cool? This could be a difficulty with your thermostat. It may be that your furnace is too small for your home. It may even be a difficulty with your gas source or your pilot light, among other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts working loudly or producing noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You absolutely don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace immediately and turn off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or switching on lights until your HVAC technician or your gas company looks at it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Usually this is a clogged condensation line. This could demand both plumbing and HVAC professionals to fix.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is climbing, but your usage is not, there could be a variation of issues. Your HVAC expert will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these symptoms, you’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call H & H Service Company at 717-220-4502 when you need to setup repairs or regular maintenance.