As warmer weather starts, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Mechanicsburg? Especially if your air conditioning unit is newer or was running well last summer.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never expect to book any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can end up with leaks and its moving components can break down.
Having your system checked seasonally by a H & H Service Company technician can help find small issues before they become large breakdowns. (And cause your unit to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is placed outside your home, it’s more vulnerable to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service intricate internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate within your equipment can force it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can lead to elevated energy needs—and a bigger utility bill!
- It could lengthen your unit’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and may even help it last for a greater period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity costs and over the long run, since you won’t have to install new equipment as quickly.
- It helps determine little troubles before they lead to big, expensive troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely examine parts and carry out a series of cooling performance checks. These all-inclusive measures often allow us to identify troubles before they create major problems that cause an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure stress-free operation throughout the season. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is prepped to provide worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your system is open to advanced meltdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC maintenance should involve a check and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll check the ensuing spots and parts:
- Overall system state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Today with H & H Service Company
Now is the greatest time to book your AC maintenance! Give our H & H Service Company pros a call at 717-220-4502 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your house, don’t forget to check our discount offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.