As spring rolls around, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Mechanicsburg? Even if your air conditioning equipment is up-to-date or was running good last summer.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never have to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your air conditioning. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can wear out.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a H & H Service Company pro can help spot little issues before they become large meltdowns. (And cause your system to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service complicated internal components.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your equipment can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can lead to higher energy use—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and might even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy costs and over the years, as you won’t have to get new equipment as soon.
- It helps identify little troubles before they become big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely examine parts and complete a cycle of air conditioning performance checks. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate issues before they turn into major problems that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the season. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to give worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your equipment is open to premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC tune-up should include an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll do:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and parts:
- Complete equipment state
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Right Away with H & H Service Company
Now is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our H & H Service Company pros a shout at 717-220-4502 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we come to your home, make sure to look at our special offers for savings on your upcoming service.