With warmer weather right around the corner, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at its best, it can save a significant amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could drastically raise your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your H & H Service Company professional complete air conditioning service
at least annually is key to keeping your system running at its best for a long time. He or she can be sure the unit is operating correctly and can identify looming concerns in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your expert air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during colder months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and end with the need for major repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area around your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they might interfere with airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any piece of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them each month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has unique needs when it comes to air filter replacement, depending on factors like owning house pets or doing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also ensure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you have a comfy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer has in store. Give the team at H & H Service Company a call at 717-220-4502.