Like any product you want to keep in good shape, HVAC equipment requires proper care in order to deliver the best benefits. Trained professionals can service your heating and cooling products to make sure they're working at their maximum potential and help prevent more expensive repairs in the middle of the hottest or coldest months of the year.
Contact H & H Service Company at 717-220-4502 to get a comprehensive quote on replacement equipment.
Two-stage heating enables the furnace to heat at two levels of output: high for cold winter days and low for mild ones. Around 80 percent of the time, your homes heating requirements can be met when the furnace is kept on the low setting, allowing your two-stage unit to run for longer periods of time. Two-stage units also provide more even heat distribution, fewer temperature swings, quiet operation, improved air filtration and energy efficiency.
H & H Service Company has an assortment of brands and models that are more efficient than ever and make it easier to find the correct solution for your home. There are innovative systems that make heating or cooling your home more automatic, running similar to cruise control to make tiny adjustments to help meet your comfort demands with energy efficiency. Give us a call at 717-220-4502 to learn more about the technology we provide.
Modern furnaces are developed with a host of innovative features older furnaces don't have. Todays heating systems provide more even heating and are better at regulating airflow. Although the air coming out of your vents may seem cooler than your old furnace, the airflow is much better and more efficient.
Another benefit of modern furnaces is their ability to operate with other HVAC products as part of a high-efficiency whole home comfort system. When combined with a high-efficiency air conditioner, furnace blowers can more easily accommodate add-on cooling. Other innovations, such as Precise Comfort technology and variable speed motors, will help your furnace run more efficiently and quieter than ever.
The Department of Energy recently boosted the minimum efficiency levels for air conditions, and the standards vary by region. Contact H & H Service Company at 717-220-4502 to find the requirements for the Mechanicsburg area.
H & H Service Company carries a number of HVAC products with high-efficiency ratings, which can help lower the amount of energy they require to run. Aside from selecting products that have received Energy Star® certification or achieved high SEER ratings for air conditioners or AFUE ratings for furnaces, you might consider the following:
- Making certain that your system receives ongoing maintenance by a trained expert can keep your system operating at its top performance.
- Zoning systems enable you to heat or cool only certain areas of your home, so you wont have to pay to heat or cool spaces that you don't typically utilize.
- Installing a programmable thermostat allows you to set the temperature in your home around your schedule. They can be programmed to give you the comfort you need when you're home and increase or decrease the temperature while you're not around, helping you save on energy bills.
H & H Service Company is well-known in the Mechanicsburg area and you can depend on them to provide quality home comfort products. We offer a variety of innovative and high-quality products. We are dedicated to offering customers high-quality service and will make sure you find the best solution for your home.
Improving your home's indoor air quality starts with four basic strategies:
- Poor indoor air quality leaves your home filled with air pollutants floating around. So, to enhance IAQ, the first step is to get rid of as many pollutants as possible. You can easily do this by cleaning and vacuuming at least once a week, frequently washing linens and storing cleaning products safely.
- Proper insulation is great for keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but it also makes it harder for airborne pollutants to escape. We offer products that help swap stale air for fresh, filtered outside air.
- Good ventilation and routine cleaning are a start, but air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems take your IAQ to the next level by capturing microscopic particles, killing germs and eliminating particles while destroying chemical vapors.
- Programmable thermostats will help control the humidity levels and temperature to help stop particles and germs from building up while also keeping your home comfortable.
We suggest that you meet with one of the professionals at H & H Service Company and have them perform an evaluation of your home and current indoor comfort system. We can help you determine which equipment will be best suited to meet your needs.
Lots of homeowners believe that air conditioners make the air in your home cooler, but it actually removes the heat from inside your home, sending the hot air outside. That hot air moves across a cold indoor coil where refrigerant in the lines sends the heat to the coil in your outdoor unit, releasing the hot air outside. This cycle continues until the indoor temperature reaches the desired level that you set on your thermostat.
Due to the high amount of energy used by heating and cooling systems, the Department of Energy (DOE) hiked up the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units manufactured after January 1, 2015. These levels are determined by region and carry varying requirements based on your location. H & H Service Company will be able to answer any questions you may have regarding these minimum requirements and let you know what choices are available when you're searching for a replacement system.
You can find these numbers on a nameplate or sticker that is near your systems service panel. The sticker will be white with black letters and have both of these numbers located at the top of the sticker. M/N signifies model number while S/N is your serial number.
There are a couple ways to determine what size system will best suit your home, but the most reliable way to determine the right size system is by having your local H & H Service Company technician come out and perform a load calculation. This calculation considers your homes: square footage, insulation value, amount of insulation, and a variety of other factors.
The short answer is Yes, because dirt and other debris can inhibit your systems ability to work efficiently. For heat pumps, it is not unusual to have frost or ice on them during the winter, but they also are built with defrost controls to ensure they work efficiently in that type of weather.
Two-stage cooling means that your cooling unit has two levels of operation. When summer is its hottest, the high setting kicks in, and when its cooler or more mild, the low setting gets the job done.
Usually, the lower setting can take care of your cooling needs, but even when the high setting kicks in, you may not realize it because it can produce such even temperatures for your comfort. This also means a quieter cooling system, greater efficiency and better humidity control.
Your system could be freezing up for a couple of reasons, but the most frequent are dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporator coil and/or a faulty blower motor. Changing a filter is something you, the homeowner, can take care of; however, you'll need to call the professionals at H & H Service Company at 717-220-4502 for other problems or if you have other questions or concerns.
Identifying the best thermostat for your cooling system comes with a lot to think about. Thats why its nice to have such a big variety of choices from H & H Service Company. Whether you're in the market for for a programmable or non-programmable thermostat or want to join the smart home trend, there are a number of thermostats that you have to select from. Some thermostats will depend on what type of heating and cooling system you have, but the experts at H & H Service Company will be able to help determine what options are best for your needs and your budget.
Heat pumps can be a little confusing due to their name, but they actually meet both your heating and cooling needs all year. When its hot outside it runs like an air conditioner in that it removes heat from your home, but when it cools off, the process gets turned around and it collects heat from outside and brings it inside. Heat pumps are also very efficient, and might produce up to two or three times more heat than the energy it uses.
Of course we suggest you also replace your indoor system, but this is why:
- All outdoor cooling systems have a matching indoor unit that they are created to work with to ensure efficient performance. When they aren't paired with the other piece as a complete system, efficiency might be diminished.
- As with a lot of products, advancements have brought about newer, more efficient ways of doing things. Heating and cooling systems are no different. These advances most importantly include better heating and cooling efficiency, but also consist of improved air handling, filtering and noise pollution reduction to name a few.
- Heating and cooling systems that are more than 10-15 years old typically need to be replaced. Not only do they feature outdated technology, but they are also less efficient than newer models. Adding a new indoor unit at the same time means you'll have a matched system to provide you with improved comfort and efficiency for years to come.
The communication module on your home energy system may send the system's performance records for each module to a website. You may visit this website to learn more about the system's status, energy production and environmental benefits. The site also displays carbon offsets as it happens.
In most areas, rain will naturally clean the solar modules. If you reside in a dusty or industrial area, periodically spraying the modules with water can help improve performance. However, detergents and high-pressure hoses should never be used to clean solar modules.
The right thermostat for you depends on your heating and cooling equipment. H & H Service Company has programmable and nonprogrammable thermostats that can help enhance the efficiency of your HVAC systems. View our available products or contact us at 717-220-4502 to learn more.
Heating and cooling can make up a big amount of your utility bill. The innovative and high-efficiency heating and air conditioning products available from H & H Service Company can help reduce these costs. If you're looking for a new heating or cooling system, look for products with high SEER ratings for air conditioners and AFUE ratings for furnaces. SEER and AFUE are a measure of system efficiency, and the larger the number, the more efficient the product. Besides purchasing a new home comfort system, think about these additional factors:
- Is your system regularly maintained? Whether it's a furnace or air conditioner, HVAC systems will run more efficiently after regular maintenance checks.
- Would you benefit from a zoning system? If there are spaces in your home that are rarely used, a zoning system will allow you to heat or cool only the most used areas of your house.
- Does your home have a programmable or smart thermostat? According to the U.S. Department of Energy, programmable thermostats may lower your heating costs by up to 35 percent, and your cooling costs by up to 25 percent.
Zoning systems give you the the comfort of sectioning areas of your house and control the air differently in each part of your home. Zoning tends to be ideal for when you have parts of your home that are rarely used or when you and your family are constantly in disagreement of what the temperature in each area of your home should be. Zoning systems are nearly silent and efficient, giving you more control over the comfort of your home. Discover more about the zoning systems available from H & H Service Company.